bar checks and independent time signatures

From: Michael Collins
Subject: bar checks and independent time signatures
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2015 15:57:59 -0400

Hello,

A couple days ago, I described a problem with a piece for two staves in independent time signatures.  After consulting this post, I moved the timing translator and bar line engraver out of the score context and into the staff context.  While the midi compiles properly, the music in the pdf runs off the page.

Lilypond says that the bar checks in the top voice are failing.  I suspect that this is the root of the problem.  I've run versions of the code with each of the two voices commented out.  When the voices play separately, the pdf output stays on the page.  Something about combining the two voices is problematic.

I'm genuinely at a loss, since moving the timing translator to the staff context should make the voices completely independent.  Any advice?

-Michael