Re: Frescobaldi creates the pdf but doesn't export it?

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: Frescobaldi creates the pdf but doesn't export it?
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2015 23:17:29 +0200

Maybe there are two things to add to your thoughts, Abraham:

Between 2. and 3. I would add (it's implied but I'd make it explicit):
2a. This new file in "edited" state does not have a proper file name and not even a directory yet, it completely lives in a temporary folder.

One simple thing could be added to Frescobaldi's behaviour, and if I'm not mistaken this is something Wilbert saw quite favourably on the Github issue:
When a file or Frescobaldi is closed it is checked if it is saved, and if not a dialog asks you how to proceed. At this closing time Frescobaldi could also check if the current state of the file has been compiled, and if not ask if it should do that before closing.

Personally I've never stumbled over this, but I can see that it may be confusing or non-intuitive.

Urs