Re: Feature Requests

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Feature Requests
Date: Sat, 24 Oct 2015 09:20:29 +0200

Simon Albrecht <address@hidden> writes:

> On 23.10.2015 20:31, Bernardo Barros wrote:
>> Something I requested many years ago was the support for quarter-tone
>> tablatures notation, which seems to work but is actually buggy at the
>> moment, it generates wrong tablatures in strings with quarter-tones
>> alterations etc. Did it receive some attention recently?
>
> Obviously not, and for multiple reasons:

Issue 1976 should have fixed that.  An instance of work for hire where
payment never came forth so I eventually put the stuff into LilyPond
anyway so that the work would not be completely in vain.  But that
should have been available as of 2.16.0 (less than "many years ago" but
still not exactly new).

So if you still find errors, you better report them since the current
state is supposed to be "fixed" and consequently there is absolutely no
reason a developer would invest any work in it.

If you have an issue, the very least you can be expected to do is
checking that this is a _registered_ open issue.  And if it isn't, come
up with a useful test case.

--
David Kastrup