Re: quarter-tone tablatures notation

From: Federico Bruni
Subject: Re: quarter-tone tablatures notation
Date: Sat, 24 Oct 2015 10:12:21 +0200

Il giorno ven 23 ott 2015 alle 21:49, Thomas Morley <address@hidden> ha scritto:
I recently made some code offering the possibility that TabStaff
accepts quarter-tones.

Harm, should I enter an issue in the tracker for this? So if/when you have time to include it in LilyPond (as you said you'd like to do one day) we'll know it.

Bernardo, can I ask you how do you use quarter tone tablature notation? Do you need it for bending, right? Or something else?
I'm trying to maintain the bending stuff here:
https://github.com/openlilylib/openlilylib/tree/master/notation-snippets/guitar-string-bending

I just update the repository with code written by others, mainly Thomas recently.

I'd like to include his file which would allow to have quarter tone bendings and I want to know what's the scope of this feature. Quarter tones in tablature are for people who want to use bending and play guitar or any string instrument. Is it correct?

Eventually I may try to move it to the new openlilylib library infrastructure (but didn't have time to have a close look at it yet, I don't think that it will be easy for me):
https://github.com/openlilylib/openlilylib/tree/master/ly

Finally to Simon: this is a very important feature for guitar players (mostly). Only 5 persons offered a bounty, but I guess that this is also due to the fact that some users may be not aware of it:

Bernardo, add a comment to the issue if you want to add your offer and I'll update the table in the issue description. I took the liberty of changing the currency of all bounties to euro (without caring for exact conversion, given the relatively small amounts). I hope that it's fine and people subbscribed to the issue will receive the notification of the change.