Re: My finances for working on LilyPond

From: Wols Lists
Subject: Re: My finances for working on LilyPond
Date: Sun, 25 Oct 2015 11:19:30 +0000

On 25/10/15 11:08, Chris Yate wrote:
> As I understand it, there are some differences in the commission payable
> for sending money to a friend vs buying a thing, but I've not looked
> into it for a couple of years. We were investigating it for managing our
> orchestra subs - I think it was about £1.30 for a £40 subscription payment.

The BIG problem, especially in Europe, is when they flag an account for
"suspected fraud". I seriously hope they don't do it to your orchestra
account just after all the subs have come in ... good luck in getting
your money back!

The problem isn't avoiding tax, it's avoiding the regulations covering
deposit takings, which means, basically, if their computer decides to
walk off with your money, you have precious little hope of getting it back.

And of course, they don't tell you what sort of things flag their "we
think this is fraud" system.

Cheers,
Wol