Re: Redundant accidentals after clef changes

From: Brian Barker
Subject: Re: Redundant accidentals after clef changes
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2015 03:54:48 +0000

At 15:19 25/10/2015 -0500, David Wright wrote:
I'm glad we singers don't meet this sort of thing in "normal" music. My own take is for having extra accidentals (ie clef changes=>forget) but also the extra cancellations (1471). (Perhaps written above.)

[from a position of ignorance of convention.]

For what it's worth, Elaine Gould has no doubt of the convention - that such accidentals are required: "An accidental holds good only in the clef in which it is written. A change of clef requires a further accidental for a note of the same pitch..." (Behind Bars, p 78).

Brian Barker