Re: Sibelius 7 to LilyPond Conversion!

From: Simon Albrecht
Subject: Re: Sibelius 7 to LilyPond Conversion!
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2015 22:07:30 +0100

Hello Thomas,

On 28.10.2015 21:24, Thomas WillNot wrote:
attempted to use
the MusicXML2LY program supplied with LilyPond with no luck.

MusicXML2ly is known to be unreliable and lack maintenance.

It also adds staccato and other markings with "-\staccato" or "-\markup" - I
don't know the purpose of the hyphen, but it makes the file fail if your
remove Denemo's weird wrappers and other commands.

The hyphen marks a post event and is not necessary in this case, but it shouldn’t cause problems. Please give a minimal example to show this problem.

it'd be nice if
LilyPond 2.18.2's MusicXML2LY just worked! :P

Who would not agree? It would be nice to have someone with the skills and will to make it work…

Of course I could manually remove all the octave markings but there are
about seventeen pages of music I'm working with so I'd love to hear of an
easier way.

Have a look at Frescobaldi <http://frescobaldi.org> – it can convert relative <-> absolute mode.

Yours, Simon