Re: Sibelius 7 to LilyPond Conversion!

From: Michael Gerdau
Subject: Re: Sibelius 7 to LilyPond Conversion!
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2015 21:40:31 +0100

[using Sibelius 7.1.3.77 for Microsoft Windows]

> I have exported it into the MusicXML exchange format and attempted to use
> the MusicXML2LY program supplied with LilyPond with no luck.
> It will read the XML file but then spit out a bunch of complaints, but no
> LilyPond file is produced!

I have generally had little to no success with importing Sibelius MusixXML
into LP while it usually works like a charm with those created by Finale.

The few times I imported from Sibelius into Finale it worked ok. Maybe
going from Sibelius via Finale to LP is an option for you ?

Kind regards,
Michael
--
 Michael Gerdau       email: address@hidden