Re: Sibelius 7 to LilyPond Conversion!

From: Thomas WillNot
Subject: Re: Sibelius 7 to LilyPond Conversion!
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2015 23:23:19 +0000 (UTC)

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for all your ideas!
Jacques, I appreciate you trying conversion in Mac OSX, though it looks like
you got the same result as me with those error messages complaining about
having too many children or something.  I don't think anything's wrong with
my Sibelius files, but maybe Sibelius 7's MusicXML converter just isn't very
good.  It is the first version to natively support MusicXML export!
I wish it would just spit something out despite the errors!  I find LilyPond
itself to be very good at doing that as it rarely fails me (unless I mess up
something serious like the nestedness of my brackets or I leave Acrobat
Reader open; then it will freak out of course!)
I think the easiest for me will be just using Denemo since it seems to work
and then use Simon's idea of converting each file to relative mode with
Frescobaldi.

Thanks again,
         Thomas