Re: Sibelius 7 to LilyPond Conversion!

From: Craig Dabelstein
Subject: Re: Sibelius 7 to LilyPond Conversion!
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2015 07:51:33 +0000

I agree with Michael. I export a full score musicXML from Sibelius and then import it into Finale. Then I extract all the parts and then export each part as a musicXML. Most of the time these import into Frescobaldi/Lilypond just fine with the occasional error.

Craig

On Thu, 29 Oct 2015 at 17:29 Urs Liska <address@hidden> wrote:

Am 29. Oktober 2015 08:10:15 MEZ, schrieb Johan Vromans <address@hidden>:
>On Wed, 28 Oct 2015 22:07:30 +0100
>Simon Albrecht <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> MusicXML2ly is known to be unreliable and lack maintenance.
>
>I think MusicXML import (and, at some time, export) is crucial for the
>future of LilyPond. It's the distinction between an open and a closed
>community.

This is of course true but that lack of maintenance is not a result of a decisio but of sheer lack of resources. ..