Re: editors

From: Federico Bruni
Subject: Re: editors
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2015 11:26:30 +0100

Il giorno gio 29 ott 2015 alle 8:42, N. Andrew Walsh <address@hidden> ha scritto:
haven't seen anything for Lilypont integration yet, but Urs pointed me towards the "atom" text editor (here: atom.io), which seems to be developed by the Git people. I've been using it a bit to help with the Lilypond book project, and -- so far -- it seems pretty powerful.

I'm far too inexperienced with text editors to be able to say anything subtantial about it, but it does have the benefit of being open-source and meshing well with git-based workflows (which, as the blog has been discussing, is an interesting direction for Lily).

Atom is my favorite editor for markdown, html and other stuff. I would never use it for LilyPond though.

It's quite similar to Sublime Text. One of the nicest features of these two editors is the multi line editing.