Questions - Modern Chant Notation

From: Karen Billings
Subject: Questions - Modern Chant Notation
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2015 19:38:20 +0000 (UTC)

Hi All,

I've be working on converting a Gregorian chant from 4-line notation to 5-line modern notation for service use, and I've stumbled across two problems:

1.  Lilypond does not seem to be able to determine line length any more (line 2 of pdf).  I have to insert a \bar "" to keep it from running off the page (line 1 of pdf)

2.  Lilypond seems to want to cram the last line in as tight as possible (line 3 of pdf) - is there any way to either get a full line - or at least get a bit more space so my poor cantor can sing it?

Thanks much!

Karen