Re: Using Stem.french-beaming causes segfault

From: Malte Meyn
Subject: Re: Using Stem.french-beaming causes segfault
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 2015 23:35:18 +0100

Am 02.11.2015 um 23:07 schrieb Jean Menezes da Rocha:
Hello,

I am trying to compile a score and its parts using lilypond version
2.19.30. If I activate french-beaming (using \override Stem.french-beaming
= ##t in the \context \Staff), the program returns a segfault. When
french-beaming is not active, the compilation runs nicely. I have attached
to this message one of the .ly files that is suffering from this problem
(there are others that cause the same issue) and a full output/backtrace
from gdb.
When trying to compile using 2.18.2, the problem is the same.

Thanks for your attention!

Please try to find a minimal example that produces the same error.
1. Try to reduce it to as few notes as possible (by commenting out large chunks of music or even whole staves and testing whether the error still appears). 2. Try to reduce unnecessary articulations, clefs, complex score structure, paper and layout settings, etc. that don’t contribute to the error.

The result can look like this:

\version "2.19.30"

{
  \override Stem.french-beaming = ##t