Re: Website down?

From: Simon Albrecht
Subject: Re: Website down?
Date: Wed, 4 Nov 2015 00:57:20 +0100

On 03.11.2015 23:54, David Kastrup wrote:
Simon Albrecht <address@hidden> writes:

On 03.11.2015 21:56, Edward Ardzinski wrote:
I haven't been able to reach http://www.lilypond.org in a few days...
I’m happy to be largely independent of the website (having installed
the docs locally), since downtime is quite unfortunately frequent…
It's worth pointing out that installing the info docs with images
(running "make info" which is really expensive before running "sudo make
install") is an excellent resource when you are using Emacs as your Info
reader.  I don't know any other Info reader supporting images
gracefully, though.  The standalone Info reader should still be useful
for finding stuff fast with the search and index lookup commands.

I read it in HTML, installing from (or rather through) the .sh binary… no need to use make and emacs :-)

Yours, Simon