LilyPond-aware text editors

From: Urs Liska
Subject: LilyPond-aware text editors
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 2015 16:18:21 +0100

Hi all,

does anyone know of LilyPond-aware text editors? I was always
considering the steps
- plain text editor
- enhanced editor
- IDE

but suddenly have the impression that the second one doesn't actually exist.

What I consider an enhanced editor is a tool that gives at least syntax
highlighting for LilyPond, and optionally one or more of the following:
- code completion
- input helpers
- music functions
- indenter/linter

What it would *not* have (because then I'd consider it an IDE) is any
form of integrating compilation, console output, viewer.

Is there *any* tool around that offers more than a notepad application
but doesn't try to be an IDE?

Best
Urs