Re: A command-line wrapper for OpenLilyLIb

From: Matteo Ceccarello
Subject: Re: A command-line wrapper for OpenLilyLIb
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 2015 18:27:48 +0100

On 04/11/2015 15:23, Mark Knoop wrote:

You might consider using the pygit2 python module [1] rather than
calling calling git with subprocess. This could perhaps replace a
substantial part of your OpenLilyLibRepo class.

[1] http://www.pygit2.org/

Thank you for the pointer, I was not aware of that library. The thing is that using pygit2 would require users to install it along with ollc. Instead, I'd rather prefer the script to be as self-contained as possible, depending only on the python standard library, in order to make its installation as straightforward as possible.

Anyway, I should keep in mind this library, in case there are bugs caused by the calls to git via subprocess.

Thank you!

Matteo