Re: Note values gone crazy

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Note values gone crazy
Date: Fri, 06 Nov 2015 17:41:57 +0100

Sven <address@hidden> writes:

> When I opened an old .ly file in Frescobaldi today I noticed that the note
> values are all messed up. The file renders OK, but code shows things like:
>

> *bes8:m7 s8 s8 s8 s8 s8 s1*85/1024 s1*85/1024 s512*43*
>

> instead of simply:
>

> *bes1:m7*
>
> and:
>
> *d8 es8 g8 bes8 d8 des8 c8 g8*
>
> instead of:
>
> *d8 es bes d des c g*
>

> Is this a known issue?

Known issue of what?  Frescobaldi does not magically change your files.
They looked like that before.

This is rather typical for the output of midi2ly when the source of the
Midi has been recorded by a sequencer and more likely than not played by
a human.

> Is there a way to delete those redundant note values and simplify the
> code automatically?

Shrug.  You can reexport to Midi (better would be to use the original
Midi file) and try reimporting with different parameters to midi2ly.

But the results rarely are fabulous.

--
David Kastrup