Re: LilyPond-aware text editors

From: Flaming Hakama by Elaine
Subject: Re: LilyPond-aware text editors
Date: Sun, 8 Nov 2015 15:44:52 -0800

> 1+ for Sublime Text. I am very happy with a Sublime Text / Frescobaldi combo.
>
> One of my favorite features with Sublime Text is multiple selections. It is
> a time saver when it comes to selecting and changing the name for a number
> of note, variable, or function instances.
>
> Zoran

Interestingly (perhaps only to me), the only other place I feel like I took a step backward in changing editors is that the (in-file) find/replace mechanisms in sublime text are clunkier, especially since you can't use them macros.

I rather prefer emacs' M-x query replace or M-x replace-string to the sublime text approach of multiple selection.

Some of the things I do prefer are the "airplane view" navigation within the current file,  the project/workspace features for directory-tree navigation across multiple files, tabs for open files,  and the find-in-files feature that searches within a directory across files and produces results, with context, whose results are linked, so you can jump to editing any of the results files.

Plus there are a wealth of syntax highlight themes, existing key commands and custom key commands.