Re: Parallel CueVoice with "too early" a clef change

From: Menu Jacques
Subject: Re: Parallel CueVoice with "too early" a clef change
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2015 17:00:51 +0100

Hello David,

The docs say that the part that « receives » a Cue is usually made of rests, but not what happens if they contain actual notes.
Removing the last eight in the Cue avoids the problem, of course.

I tried with cueDuringWithClef, but then the four first eights at the beginning of the cue’d music don’t appear, even though the examples in the docs work fine.
That beats me, see second part of the attached files.

JM

\version "2.19.30"

Basson =  \relative b' {
  \set Score.markFormatter = #format-mark-circle-numbers
  \compressFullBarRests

  \accidentalStyle Score.teaching

  \numericTimeSignature\time 2/4
  \tempo "Lent" 4 = 76

  \clef "bass"
  R2 |
  <<
    {
      \tweak staff-position #-6 R2*8 |
      \mark\default
      r4
      \cueClefUnset
      \clef "bass"
      gis,8 \f ( [ a8 ] | % 90
    }
    \new CueVoice {
      \relative {
        \set instrumentCueName = "Hbs"
        \cueClef "treble"
        %\stemDown
        %\slurUp
        \voiceOne
        \tweak staff-position #-1 r4
        gis'8 \mf \< ( a |
        b [ cis d e ] |
        fis2 -> ) \! ~ |
        fis4 e8 ( d |
        d4 cis ) |
        r8 cis ( [ bis cis ]  |
        e [ d b fis ] |
        fis4 gis |
        gis4
%%%%%% <==== here is the problem
        %  a8 ) % JMI TEMPORARY!
        %  s |

  b8 [ cis8 d8 e8 ]
  \bar "||"

  \time 3/4
  fis2 e8 [ d8 ]
  \bar "||"

  \time 2/4
  d4 -\markup{\italic "céder à peine"} cis4 )
  \bar "||"
}

{ \Basson }

HautboisAvantChiffreSept = \relative gis' {
  \voiceOne
  %  \tweak staff-position #-1 r4
  gis8 \mf \< ( a |
  b [ cis d e ] |
  fis2 -> ) \! ~ |
  fis4 e8 ( d |
  d4 cis ) |
  r8 cis ( [ bis cis ]  |
  e [ d b fis ] |
  fis4 gis |
  gis4
  a8 )
  s |
}
\addQuote "HautboisAvantChiffreSept" { \HautboisAvantChiffreSept }

Basson =  \relative b' {
  \set Score.markFormatter = #format-mark-circle-numbers
  \compressFullBarRests

  \accidentalStyle Score.teaching

  \numericTimeSignature\time 2/4
  \tempo "Lent" 4 = 76

  \clef "bass"
  R2 |

  \new CueVoice {
    \set instrumentCueName = "Hbs"
  }
  \cueDuringWithClef #"HautboisAvantChiffreSept" #UP #"treble" {
    R2*8 |
    \mark\default
    r4
    % \clef "bass"