Re: Parallel CueVoice with "too early" a clef change

From: David Wright
Subject: Re: Parallel CueVoice with "too early" a clef change
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2015 11:59:45 -0600

On Mon 09 Nov 2015 at 17:00:51 (+0100), Menu Jacques wrote:
> Hello David,
>
> The docs say that the part that « receives » a Cue is usually made of rests,
> but not what happens if they contain actual notes.
> Removing the last eight in the Cue avoids the problem, of course.
>
> I tried with cueDuringWithClef, but then the four first eights at the
> beginning of the cue’d music don’t appear, even though the examples in the
> docs work fine.
> That beats me, see second part of the attached files.

OK, I've looked quickly at the notation manual and there's a lot to
get one's head around. However, I'm hoping that there's a connection
between QuoteDuring and CueDuring. I think your problem has to do with
the R2 at the beginning of Basson. While that R2 is passing by, you're
not quoting the Hautbois, but it's first two bars are still being
consumed, because its "clock" runs from the same instant as the
Basson clock. to understand this, look carefully at page 196 in
Notation Manual (2.18.2) and see where the "a4 gis g gis" in the
flute part have gone.

In other words, \quoteDuring #"flute" { s1 } parachutes in "s1-duration"
of flute, but the section parachuted in is the *corresponding* time
interval in the flute part, not the *first* bar of the flute part. The
clocks of the two parts are running together the whole time.

I'm expecting Cue... to behave as Quote...

Cheers,
David.