Re: two consecutive \mark at end and beginning of line

From: Xavier Scheuer
Subject: Re: two consecutive \mark at end and beginning of line
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2015 15:58:25 +0100

On 10 November 2015 at 09:28, David Kastrup <address@hidden> wrote:

> It's still the same musical moment and LilyPond has no general way of
> distinguishing them.  Try putting the first mark an infinitesimal amount
> earlier, like
>
> \grace { \mark ... \skip 32 }
>
> to move it backward a 32th grace note.

Hi,

Actually there is no need for that if Federico replaces his
\once \override by \tweak and use Neil's "multi-mark-engraver".

I use this hack all the time for "simultaneous rehearsal marks"
(including this very case with both one at the end of a line and the
"simultaneous" one at the beginning of the following line).
Until now it worked flawlessly all the time and gave the expected
results. It is really powerful!

\version "2.15.8"  % or 2.18 or 2.19

%% add here the definition of "multi-mark-engraver" from
%% http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2011-08/msg00157.html

\layout {
  \context {
    \Score
    \remove "Mark_engraver"
    \consists #multi-mark-engraver
    \consists "Tweak_engraver"

\relative {
  \repeat unfold 8 c'1
  \tweak #'break-visibility #end-of-line-visible
  \tweak #'self-alignment-X #RIGHT
  \mark \markup { \musicglyph #"scripts.segno" }
  \break

  \mark \default
  f1

Xavier