Re: Gounod - Le Rendez Vous

From: Alberto Simões
Subject: Re: Gounod - Le Rendez Vous
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2015 19:44:24 +0000

On 11/11/15 19:41, tisimst wrote:
On Wed, Nov 11, 2015 at 12:29 PM, Alberto Simões-2 [via Lilypond]
<[hidden email] </user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&node=183436&i=0>> wrote:

    Although not doubting your suggestion, I would be very interested to
    know if there is such a thing like a document describing a "best
    practices" for writing/engraving music.

There definitely is (though I'd hardly call any of them a "document").
The most prominent work at the moment is Elaine Gould's "Behind Bars",
but there are others that are very good, some more dated than others:

  * Ted Ross - The Art of Music Engraving and Processing
  * Kurt Stone - Music Notation in the Twentieth Century: A Practical
    Guidebook
  * Gardner Read - Music Notation: A Manual of Modern Practice
  * Clinton Roemer - The Art of Music Copying

Thank you.
Will try to find some of them. Mostly curiosity on the topic :)

Best,
Alberto