Re: change font of page numbers

From: tisimst
Subject: Re: change font of page numbers
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2015 21:13:44 -0700 (MST)

Jean,

On Thursday, November 12, 2015, Jean Menezes da Rocha [via Lilypond] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello,

is there any way by which I can change the font used to render page numbers?
I tried to search into the docs but lilypond.org seems to be down by now.

Thanks in advance!

Yes, but not in a very convenient way. Page numbers are engraved as part of the page header markup text, which is full of other text fields like title, composer, instrument name, etc. Thus, to change just the font of the page numbers, you'll need to redefine the entire markup block used to print the header of both even- and odd-numbered pages and insert a font-name override just prior to the function that prints the page number so that only the page numbers are affected by the override.

When the docs are back up (or using a recent snapshot of lilypond.org on web.archive.org), look under the NR section about custom headers and titles for instructions on how to accomplish this.

Best,
Abraham