Combined marks (rehearsal mark, fermata) + break

From: Jay Anderson
Subject: Combined marks (rehearsal mark, fermata) + break
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2015 22:47:45 -0700

I know I can do this to combine marks:

  \mark \markup { \override #'(baseline-skip . 3) \center-column {
    \line { \box \bold "P" }
    \line { \musicglyph #"scripts.ufermata" }
  } }

This produces a rehearsal mark over a fermata over a bar line. However
when this occurs at a line break I want the fermata over the barline
before the break and the rehearsal mark at the beginning of the line
after the break. Is there a good way to do this currently? (the
lilypond web site appears unreachable again so I haven't done my
usually scouring there.)

If there's not a good way to do this today, one feature that I think
would solve this cleanly is adding a fermata barline type. So the
above would be:

\bar "(|"
\mark \markup { \box \bold "P" }

Where '(' in the bar means a fermata above the bar. We could include
"(|", "|)", and "(|)" for fermatas above, below, and above and below
(and of course variations with different actual bar types). What do
you think? Is it too strange to put this as part of the bar line?

-----Jay