Re: RFC: new location for openLilyLib repository

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: RFC: new location for openLilyLib repository
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2015 15:49:03 +0100

Am 13.11.2015 um 15:03 schrieb Paul Morris:
On Nov 13, 2015, at 5:58 AM, Urs Liska <address@hidden> wrote:

Regaring the location of the individual libraries, what would you consider best:

  • adding all beside oll-core
    (keeping the option that anyone creates libraries in their own place)
  • creating a new openlilylib sibling organization for that purpose
  • Just have library maintainers maintain their repos in their own namespace
    (providing a central listing of available libraries in some place, of course)
Does this depend somewhat on how the documentation will work?

No :-)

Seems like centralized documentation would be easier with centralized repos, but maybe it would work fine either way…

We'll have a central place where libraries are registered (this is part of the plans for the "package manager"). Registered libraries are basically pointers to remote repositories.

That means if you create a library against openLilyLib this is originally private (note: this will make it possible to create private/project/house repositories that take advantage of the openLilyLib infrastructure).
When that library is registered with openLilyLib we'll have the URL available to pull the repository in and create the documentation.
I hope we'll also manage to provide a hook so when that library is later pushed to Github the documentation is automatically updated.

I think we'll then provide a script to (locally) generate documentation for just the library and another one to create and deploy the full set of docs.

Urs

-Paul