Re: Lilypond 2.19.31 on openSUSE Leap 42.1

From: David Wright
Subject: Re: Lilypond 2.19.31 on openSUSE Leap 42.1
Date: Sat, 14 Nov 2015 11:49:44 -0600

On Sat 14 Nov 2015 at 22:52:47 (+1100), Andrew Bernard wrote:
> Anybody running this combination?
> When attempting to run lilypond, libffi.so.6 is not found:
>     error while loading shared libraries: libffi.so.6: cannot open shared
>     object file: No such file or directory
> I am presently unable to locate libffi.so.6 on this OS, as libffi.so.4 seems
> be the highest version. I do understand that Leap 42.1 is very new.

Sorry if this is no help; you probably know it already.
On Debian, libffi.so.6 is in libffi6 and there are architectural
variants so libffi6:i386 is installed here.

With google I can see pages like
http://rpm.pbone.net/index.php3/stat/4/idpl/23678874/dir/opensuse/com/libffi6-3.0.11-2.29.x86_64.rpm.html
though I can't judge their suitability. My Debian one is version 3.1-2+b2
though I haven't checked the significance of the Debian package
version numbering. (I'm running LP 2.18.2 here.)

Cheers,
David.