Re: fatal error on MetronomeMark font-name override

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: fatal error on MetronomeMark font-name override
Date: Sun, 15 Nov 2015 13:46:00 +0100

> Hi Abraham,
>
>> Normally, this should work, but it doesn't seem to for me:
>> \override Score.MetronomeMark.font-series = #'medium
>
> This is what I wanted to do, of course…
> But I think that “feature” is part of the [long-standing, and somewhat
> irritiating] issue around MetronomeMark formatting.

Well, MetronomeMark is basically formatted by the non-public `metronome-markup'.
In the attached image I colored the different parts of a MetronomeMark.
blue: the text, bold
cyan: the note, smaller
green: numbers, nothing special
red: ()-= and different spacers are taken from the used font

All this is currently hardcoded.

LilyPond _should_ provide a preformatted MetronomeMark, but ofcourse
it would be nice if it would allow for easy customizing.
The only way I see, is to create context-properties.

There is
http://lsr.di.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=869
which exactly follows this route.

I don't agree with everything there, but you'll get an impression.

No idea whether something like that would be appropriate for our source.

Cheers,
  Harm