Re: ScholarLy fails with \RemoveEmptyStaffContext

From: Graham King
Subject: Re: ScholarLy fails with \RemoveEmptyStaffContext
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2015 10:11:51 +0000

On Mon, 2015-11-16 at 09:24 +0100, David Kastrup wrote:
Graham King <address@hidden> writes:

> This took a little while to nail down, but it seems that ScholarLy's
> annotation engine fails silently when \RemoveEmptyStaffContext is
> active.  Almost-minimal example attached.

>   \layout {
> %{ %Toggle this block comment to reveal problem:
>     \context {
>       \RemoveEmptyStaffContext
>     }
> %}

What is that supposed to be?  I am not even sure what this does.  Maybe
we should check that case and flag an error: there is no context
specified to which this is supposed to apply.  You probably want
something like a

\Staff

before the \RemoveEmptyStaffContext.

thanks David, you've solved my problem (and probably saved Urs some work too).  Somehow I had missed that there is a new, better, way to remove empty staves.  With the new syntax the problem with ScholarLy goes away.  Thanks also to  Trevor Ba?a for his blog post at http://lilypondbitsandpieces.blogspot.co.uk/2011/08/lilypond-remove-empty-staves.html .

Fixed example attached.

-- Graham