Re: Controlling markup vertical position

From: Menu Jacques
Subject: Re: Controlling markup vertical position
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2015 12:41:15 +0100

Hello Andrew,

Problem is I don’t have a way yet to perform a « dilatation » of the bar to
cope with larger strings such as Contrabassi:

Cello =  \relative f {
  \clef "bass" \key f \major \time 4/4
  \tempo "Contrabassi"
  g,2 \f
  \tempo "Vcl."

  des''4 \p ( c4 ) | % 18
}

\relative {
  \Cello
}

Cello =  \relative f {
  \clef "bass" \key f \major \time 4/4
  \once \override TextScript.extra-offset = #'(-3 . -3)
  g,2 \f
  ^\markup{"Contrabassi"}
  des''4 \p ^"Vcl." ( c4 ) | % 18
}