Re: Can I vary the system width for 1 system only

From: Peter Berlau
Subject: Re: Can I vary the system width for 1 system only
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2015 02:11:23 +0100

Hi Robin,

many thanks!

II will "heavy use" this solution. :)

all the best,
 Peter

Am 13.11.2015 um 22:34 schrieb Robin Bannister:
Peter Berlau wrote:

I found a ugly solution
with
\stopStaffs % generates 2 invisible staffs
s1
s1
\startStaff
for this i have to add on same place in the
\chords  also 2
s1
s1
to adjust chords to the remaining bars

In this case you already have a structure amenable to splitting:
 - 34 bars melody
 - 2*4 bars coda
So you could have melody variable and a coda variable,
and introduce a third variable for the gap;
eg it would then be easy to omit the gap from midi.

But I agree that involving s1 is a depressing sort of hack.

See if you like the attached pauseStaffBL hack any better.
No skips needed - it maltreats bar lines instead.
The demo does '\pauseStaffBL 40 \break' at the end of measure 9.

Cheers,
Robin