Re: [Semi-OT]

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: [Semi-OT]
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2015 19:51:35 +0100

Am 17. November 2015 19:19:46 MEZ, schrieb David Kastrup <address@hidden>:
>Kieren MacMillan <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Hi David (et al.),
>>
>>> Well, they don't mention Mutopia
>>
>> Not surprising.
>>
>>> the presented digital stand software solutions seem
>>> less impressive than Scora for orchestral needs.
>>
>> It won’t take long for someone to leapfrog Scora. If someone
>developed
>> a PDF linker-and-coupler (for “let’s start at measure X”
>> coordination), Scora’s advantage would immediately be cut in at least
>> half.
>
>Huh.
>
>Scora works via SVG if I remember correctly and has the whole orchestra
>networked to the conductor's stand. The conductor does not say "let's
>start at measure X". The conductor _starts_ everybody at measure X.
>
>I'm not sure what kind of leapfrogging you have in mind here.

The conductor (or the first violinist etc.) can also add annotations like dynamics, fingerings etc. that are then copied to all the parts that are affected. Any player can make an arbitrary selection as to which other parts she wants to see as cue notes or if in a divisi staff can decide whether she wants to see everything or only her voice.

This will be recompiled by the central lilypond server - but only during rehearsal, while performing things should be fixed.

Another use case is that the conductor annotates the score while on the plane - and when he enters the stage the annotations are ready in the parts.

This is not all there is to it, but Scora definitely rocks.

Scora can also use scanned scores sliced to systems. This makes it much easier to prepare large amounts of music but of course significantly limits the above features.

Urs

During playing