[OT] Re: Testing requested: new manuscript viewer tool for Frescobaldi

From: Ralf Mattes
Subject: [OT] Re: Testing requested: new manuscript viewer tool for Frescobaldi
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2015 18:12:51 +0100

Am Mittwoch, 18. November 2015 18:02 CET, David Wright <address@hidden> schrieb:

> It might be worth taking note of this line in   man bash
>
> "For almost every purpose, aliases are superseded by shell functions."

Yes, with one important difference in favour of aliases - if I want to quickla
find out
about the aliases I have set up I can just enter 'alias' in my shell an get a
list of
all defined aliases. To get something similar for functions you'd need to
resort to
'set' and that'll flood you with a _lot_ of code ;-)

 Cheers, RalfD