Re: Aligning a tempo marking with a note

From: David Sumbler
Subject: Re: Aligning a tempo marking with a note
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2015 21:51:11 +0000

Thanks to all for the various suggestions on this topic.

In particular, Kieren's suggestion is interesting.  I must confess that,
having been reading and playing music for a mere 63 years, I had to look
up what the word "custos" means!  As you can deduce, I've never really
been "into" early music.

You will understand, then, that I never use a custos, so the line
\once \override Score.MetronomeMark.break-align-symbols = #'(custos)
intrigues me.

I am guessing that "custos" is there because it is something that will
never be found in my scores, and therefore we are effectively
neutralising the usual alignment adjustments at the break.  Is this
correct?  Is it not possible to have an empty list?

David