Re: Gounod - Le Rendez Vous

From: Abraham Lee
Subject: Re: Gounod - Le Rendez Vous
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2015 22:49:06 -0700

Alberto,

On Thursday, November 19, 2015, Alberto Simões <address@hidden> wrote:

On 11/11/15 19:22, tisimst wrote:
    [1] https://github.com/ambs/music/tree/master/Gounod/LeRendezVous

This is looking MUCH better (nice work with the extended dynamic lines
;-). I'll look at it in greater detail later, but here's one thing that
I immediately noticed quite a few instances of that you would get dinged
for: You should ALWAYS enclose a tied note within a slurred passage.
Here's what I mean:

Sorry for the delay, but no time recently for my hobbies.

Dear Abraham, can you please check the repo [1] and tell me if you think that, in the second false, measure 3/4, the slur should also include the tie before it?

Thanks
ambs

It doesn't look like the files in the repo [1] have changed since I looked at them last. To answer your question, though, I'd personally say, yes, the slur should always include tied notes, before or after.

That being said, since there appears to be arguments for doing it both ways, I'd recommend that you pick one way and be consistent throughout the entire work.

If you have updated files that haven't yet been committed to the repo you'd like me to look over, let me know when they are available.

Best,
Abraham