Settings for automatic beam slope

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Settings for automatic beam slope
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2015 10:40:55 +0100

I have a question regarding beam slopes.

Consider the first of the attached images where the long beam is quite
ugly IMO. I would prefer to have the beam sloped similarly to the
shorter ones at the beginning at the example, something like shown in
the second attachment.
(Eventually it should look like the third attachment, but this can only
be achieved with my fix for the subdivided beams).

Of course I can achieve that easily with overriding Beam.positions but
a) I would like to have a global setting that makes LilyPond produce the
slope automatically and
b) I would like to know if LilyPond shouldn't produce a sloped beam by
default. Or is it an explicit decision to have that beam print
horizontally as in the first example?

Best
Urs