Fwd: Slash chords

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Fwd: Slash chords
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2015 10:56:41 +0100

Dear Luca,

this is a question you should ask on the lilypond-user mailing list.

Best
Urs

From: Luca Fascione

Message:

Hello,
I've been using lilypond for a little while now and I rather like it.

I've been able to achieve most of what I want for my engraving needs, but I think I need some help to set up slash chords like in this example

http://www.apianotuner.com/img/RealBookSample.gif

I'm using the font "New Real Book Chords" distributed here https://musescore.org/node/7785, and I have setup exceptions to the Ignatzek rules to drive the font correctly, but I can't find a way to tell lilypond that the bass note should be set lowered (like in the gif above).

I have put a small repro case at the bottom of this message

Any help or indication you could spare would be greatly appreciated (I am a fairly accomplished software engineer and I'm not afraid of writing code to achieve this, although I have to confess I am a C++ guy, not a Guile/Scheme guy).

Thanks very much
Luca Fascione

------------------------
example.ly
------------------------
version "2.18.2"
% test for setting slash chords with realbookchords font

chExceptionMusic = {
<c e g bes>1-markup { "7" }
<c ees g>1-markup { ">" }
}

chExceptions = #( append
( sequential-music-to-chord-exceptions chExceptionMusic #t)
ignatzekExceptions)

score {
new StaffGroup <<
chords {
override Score.ChordName #'font-name = #"New Real Book Chords"
set chordNameExceptions = #chExceptions
set slashChordSeparator = "/"
f2.:m c:7/e
}
new Staff { key aes major time 3/4 c'4 aes'2 c'4 bes'2 }

layout {}