Re: SVG fonts

From: Andrew Bernard
Subject: Re: SVG fonts
Date: Sat, 21 Nov 2015 17:35:59 +1100

More investigation on fonts for SVG.

The following errors out if the font-name property for DynamicText is set. The font-name specification for TextScript renders correctly.

\version "2.19.31"

{
  \override DynamicText.font-name = "Noto Serif Bold Italic"
  c''\p
  \override TextScript.font-name = "Noto Serif Bold Italic"
  c''^\markup { foo }
}

According to the NR DynamicText supports the font-interface, so one ought to e=be able to specify the font-name property.

error:

Layout output to `exp-svg-font.svg'.../usr/share/guile/1.8/ice-9/regex.scm:121:22: In procedure vector-ref in _expression_ (vector-ref match matchnum):
/usr/share/guile/1.8/ice-9/regex.scm:121:22: Wrong type argument in position 2: 1

In relation to my question in prior post as to whether fontforge can be used to generate SVG fonts for lilypond, I see that the emmentaler SVG fonts are created with font forge, so I assume this means it is the right tool for the job?

Andrew