Re: Gounod - Le Rendez Vous

From: Alberto Simões
Subject: Re: Gounod - Le Rendez Vous
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2015 11:23:29 +0000

Hi, Simon

On 23/11/2015 00:03, Simon Albrecht wrote:
The last measure of the Introduction actually has only two quarters (the half note isn’t dotted), to be complemented by the immediately following upbeat for Valse 1.

Damn. I though I had that correct, as I recall from when I was looking to it :( Thanks for pointing it up.
It seems that you intentionally replaced -! by -. in Valse 1, however the original uses them distinctly and I’d stick with that.
Now I got confused. will check what -! is for in the docs to try to understand your comment. :-)

The hairpins in Valse 4 should stop at the third beat, I think.

Will need to compare with the original. Will give it another look
It would probably be better English to begin the Credits sentence with ‘Thanks to…’.
Hehehe, sure :-) For me it would be easier in Portuguese O:-)

See you later,
Best,
Alberto