Re: Automatically transforming a FiguredBass line into a sequence of cho

From: Malte Meyn
Subject: Re: Automatically transforming a FiguredBass line into a sequence of chords ?
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2015 08:16:11 +0100

Am 23.11.2015 um 23:56 schrieb Michael Gerdau:
Hi list,

does someone know of a function or snipped that automatically transforms
some music together with a FigruedBass line into a sequence of chords

I once wanted to do that but I hadn’t enough time and automatic a correct right hand for a figured bass is really complex so I abandoned the project ...
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2014-04/msg00168.html

like illustrated in the example below ?

Probably that’s much simpler that a totally correct and playable version. It seems like you don’t care about parallel fifths (m. 1 to 2) and don’t add notes that aren’t explicitely there (f. e. <6 5> like in m. 3 always means <6 5 3> so you would have to add an e).