Re: [Best Practices] splitting and combining choral parts

From: Simon Albrecht
Subject: Re: [Best Practices] splitting and combining choral parts
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2015 00:17:43 +0100

On 24.11.2015 23:36, Kieren MacMillan wrote:
And I like for long syllables to be increasingly left-aligned
This is one of the many, many lyric-related problems in Lilypond. (See my
numerous other posts and sponsorship offers on that topic.) I solve almost all
of them post-hoc, using the edition-engraver.

>for which I wrote a custom grob callback.
I’d be happy to look at that, if you’re willing to share it.
(I have yet to find a callback that satisfies me in that regard.)

It’s in the ‘interpolate.ily’ file I already sent. I’ve found that it yields quite acceptable results, but I’m interested to hear your opinion.

Yours, Simon