Re: [Best Practices] splitting and combining choral parts

From: Michael Gerdau
Subject: Re: [Best Practices] splitting and combining choral parts
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2015 00:28:13 +0100

> > Last not least for vocal lines I always turn off autoBeam and manually
> > put beams to groups that are sung on a single syllable. For my singers
> > eyes that strongly helps to keep words and music in a proper flow.
>
> It’s rather a question of rhythmic complexity; with long and/or
> oft-changing measures it helps to have normal beaming.

I understand that argument and it has its merrit.

However in my experience such complex rythms aren't found too often in
choral music and certainly not in the piece at hand. IMO the advantage
of \autoBeamOff more often outweights the disadavantage but I'm happy
to agree to disagree.
[Note that my whole argument is from a singer's perspective, not an
instrumentalist]

Kind regards,
Michael
--