Re: Chord names

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: Chord names
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 2015 07:20:43 -0500

Hi David (et al.)

>> I want the first a:m chord to be an a-minor sus.
> What does that mean?  A suspended chord is one where the third is
> replaced by either the second or the fourth, so there is no difference
> between major and minor in a suspended chord.

Only if you choose to ignore the benefits of anticipatory labelling. As a
sight-reader, I much prefer

    Am(sus)  Am  A(sus) A

   A(sus) Am A(sus) A

The former allows me to anticipate the resolution while playing the sus chord.

Cheers,
Kieren.

Kieren MacMillan, composer
‣ website: www.kierenmacmillan.info