Re: aligning melisma and non-melisma lyrics across staves in the same sy

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: aligning melisma and non-melisma lyrics across staves in the same system
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 2015 14:21:10 +0100

> As I’ve said about a dozen times on this list, there are at least two
> dozen lyric-related issues which, if fixed, would represent a quantum
> leap in Lilypond’s output (and a huge reduction in my manual tweaking
> effort/time).
>
> Unfortunately, it still appears nobody is available to tackle
> (interested in tackling?) them.

Well, you've stated that, yes.  So there may be something like $1000 for
25 issues, meaning about $40 per issue.  It's not clear which issues you
even mean, how much effort would be involved for each one, and what
thresholds/milestones would warrant a payout for whom.

Now I'm not really suited for bounty-hunting myself as I tend to run out
of steam eventually.

But I can also perfectly understand nobody else picking this up.  It
appears to involve substantial work rather than some work in the free
time, and then it's totally unclear what is actually desired and whether
any of those "two dozen lyric-related issues" are actually to be done
independently of any other.

You'd likely be better served if you took the pain of actually
well-defining specific isolated tasks rather than hand-waving sums
around.  More often than not, actual well-described and self-contained
reasonably small tasks (which would amount to something for which $40
would not appear entirely ridiculous but at least a nice acknowledgment,
whether or not such a payout actually is involved or not) also lead to
an actual solution on this list eventually.

--
David Kastrup