Re: Apply \editionMod to grace note

From: Jan-Peter Voigt
Subject: Re: Apply \editionMod to grace note
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 2015 16:58:16 +0100

Hi there,

late to the party ;)
Yes, the edition-engraver waits for a moment in time! In fact all
notations like 1/4 are just shortcuts, which are directly converted to a
ly:make-moment statement. And of course it also accepts direct input of
a moment. So, as you already noticed, you can address a grace moment
with something like #(ly:make-moment 1/8 -1/8)
Btw, this also applies for \partial beats/upbeats.

To sum up: There are two dimensions to address an override: The time - I
would say horizontal - and the context - I would say vertical. Any point
in time can be addressed with a barnumber and a moment in that bar
(=horizontal) and a context specifier (=vertical). As long, as you can
address the point in time and the context to modify, you can apply a
modification. I would like to call it "tweak", but that name is reserved
for "tweaks" to single notes (or the like). One might say, it adds
another dimension or better increases granularity in the vertical
dimension. I am thinking of introducing some kind of selector, so that
one can say "Tweak (only) the cis'' in the chord at bar 21 moment 1/4 so
that ...".

HTH
Jan-Peter