\autochange and \override of dynamics and hairpins

From: Gilberto Agostinho
Subject: \autochange and \override of dynamics and hairpins
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2015 04:13:43 -0700 (MST)

Hi all,

Can anyone explain to me why the second system doesn't work, while the last
one does? Can't I use \override commands inside a \autochange block?

\version "2.19.28"

\markup{"no override, no problems"}
\new PianoStaff \autochange {
  a\p\< d' g f'\f
}

\markup{"autochange doesn't work here"}
\new PianoStaff \autochange {
  \override PianoStaff.DynamicText.stencil = ##f
  \override PianoStaff.Hairpin.stencil = ##f
  a\p\< d' g f'\f
}

\markup{"autochange works fine here"}
\new PianoStaff {
  \override PianoStaff.DynamicText.stencil = ##f
  \override PianoStaff.Hairpin.stencil = ##f
  \autochange {
    a\p\< d' g f'\f

<http://lilypond.1069038.n5.nabble.com/file/n184278/16.png>

Cheers,