Re: Better slashed graces

From: Gilberto Agostinho
Subject: Re: Better slashed graces
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2015 10:05:05 -0700 (MST)

Hi all, thanks for the comments,

tisimst wrote
> I believe it's in response to this snippet in the LSR:
> http://lsr.di.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=721 (Slashed beamed grace notes)

Yes, that's the function, sorry for being unclear. My improvements above
work well on most cases, but I modified that function using only trial and
error methods, so it's surely not very elegant. If we could come up with a
consistent and good looking slash function, it would be a great addition to
LilyPond, as slashed graces are a fundamental part of contemporary music
(just open any score by Boulez, Stockhausen, Ferneyhough, Cage and others).

Cheers,
Gilberto