Re: problem with "extra" lyrics appearing only sometimes

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: problem with "extra" lyrics appearing only sometimes
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2015 16:06:19 -0500

Hi Abraham,

THANK YOU!

Don’t know if it's “kosher” [pushing the \global variable into my Voice
contexts to keep them alive], but I’m now using:

      \new ChoirStaff <<
        \new Staff = “Staff_SA” <<
                \new Voice = "Voice_SA" << \global \SA_notes >>
                \context Voice = “Voice_S” \global

            \new Lyrics \with { alignAboveContext = "Staff_SA" } \lyricsto
"Voice_S" \S_words
            \new Lyrics \lyricsto "Voice_SA" { \SA_words }
        \new Staff = “Staff_TB” <<
                \new Voice = "Voice_TB" << \global \TB_notes >>
                \context Voice = “Voice_T” \global

            \new Lyrics \with { alignAboveContext = "Staff_TB" } \lyricsto
"Voice_T" \T_words
            \new Lyrics \lyricsto "Voice_TB" { \TB_words }

and lyrics are appearing everywhere they’re supposed to.  =)

If anyone has structural/code improvements or suggestions, let me know.
At least for now this seems to work, and I can get this engraving finished and
sent off.

Thanks!
Kieren.

Kieren MacMillan, composer