Re: NR 4.1.4 ragged bottom and vertical spacing

From: Federico Bruni
Subject: Re: NR 4.1.4 ragged bottom and vertical spacing
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2015 16:43:08 +0100

Il giorno ven 11 dic 2015 alle 16:24, Phil Holmes <address@hidden> ha scritto:
----- Original Message ----- From: "Federico Bruni" <address@hidden>

Before posting this question I was about to ask which synonyms you would use for "ragged". This is because I used to forget often the real meaning of ragged in lilypond: when some space distance is ragged, notation elements take their natural space and no compression or stretch is in action. In this sense, I'd use "natural" as synonym rather than, say, "cut".

Ragged comes from standard printing terminology: non-justified text is described as "ragged right".

ok, thanks
non-justified is the synonym I was looking for