Re: converting svg glyph to path data for use in scheme (was: accidental

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: converting svg glyph to path data for use in scheme (was: accidentals for just intonation)
Date: Sun, 13 Dec 2015 00:33:56 +0100

Am 12. Dezember 2015 23:08:53 MEZ, schrieb Paul Morris <address@hidden>:
>> On Dec 12, 2015, at 3:34 PM, Johan Vromans <address@hidden>
>wrote:
>>
>> If I understand the procedure correctly, wouldn't it be easier to use
>> tool like fontforge add/adjust font glyphs?
>
>Maybe so, but the result is less portable because (if I understand
>correctly) you'd have to have a custom font and have it installed
>correctly, etc. for anyone to be able to use the glyph...  as opposed
>to just having the custom glyphs in an include file that you’re going
>to be including anyway.
>
>-Paul

I think the font idea *may* be an approach worth considering.

Our stuff will reside in a library anyway, and I think it should be possible to
have that library call a font reliably when it is in the same directory IIRC.

We could then have a font with glyphs for each constituent of your accidentals
and construct the actual accidental as a markup using \combine, which should be
pretty straightforward.

Urs