Re: Noteheads slightly too large

From: David Wright
Subject: Re: Noteheads slightly too large
Date: Sat, 12 Dec 2015 23:36:09 -0600

On Sat 12 Dec 2015 at 09:47:18 (+0100), David Kastrup wrote:
> David Wright <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > Excuse my top-posting, but is there any context for this message?
> > http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2015-12/msg00296.html
> > is no help either. It *might* be helpful to be able to see the
> > Message-ID and In-Reply-To for the postings there, but the list
> > administrators seem more interested in displaying
> > in which I have absolutely no interest.
>
> Shrug.  _Your_ mail contains

> headers.  So at least your user agent is perfectly aware of the context
> of this message.  Why it would not pass this knowledge on to you, I have
> no idea.

As you know, my MUA is mutt, and typing h reveals the header
information on any email. Naturally, I searched for the strings above
in Google, but none of them is known to it, even the gmail one. I also
tried Googling for the string "why not exceed the lower staff line also",
but no match there either. Nor for "least I recall speaking someone
from a major publishing house" copied from Urs's posting.

So perhaps you could tell me whether I'm using the wrong tools to search
for the message context† in this mailing list (fairly new to me) which
appears not to be indexed on the web. Is there a "go to" archive other than
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2015-12/msg00296.html
that your MUA (having gnus in its name) perhaps knows about? On other
lists, I've got used to just typing, say, address@hidden
into google and getting the relevant postings returned.

† by context, I mean "how I would get to *see these noteheads*", not
"how I would *follow a thread of machine-generated strings*".

Cheers,
David.